Uber thanks to the incredibly talented Jenny Keller Ford for gracing me with the Liebster Blog award.
She said the nicest thing to me when she awarded this:
In order to thank you for all you do, I’m awarding you the Liebster Blog Award. I couldn’t have come this far without your help. I owe you so much.
This made me feel super special… especially since this is the wonderful lady who convinced me to start a blog in the first place.
Being incredibly anal as I am. I looked up “Liebster” to see if I could find out who this guy was so I could decipher the true meaning of this award. Well… I couldn’t find anything. Not even who the original “Liebster” was. (At least give me an “A” for effort)
What did come up over and over again was a bunch of German words. Hey, you know what? My Dad was German (He was dern proud of that too.) See Dad! I won a German award! I did amount to something!
So, anyway… I did a little more digging and found out that “Liebster” is a word from my Daddy’s fatherland and it translates loosely to “favorite” or something endearing for a loved one, like “dearest”.
Cool, huh? Hugs back, Jenny!
This award is set aside for up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers.
(Gack… I just got in under the wire when she awarded this to me, or I would have had to decline. I actually had 199 followers this day… she must have been psychic. I’m happy to say I’m well past being eligible after sitting on this for a week.)
Hello all old followers.
Ummmm… Hello young followers?
Awe, heck… why single anyone out…
So, back to the award… Here are the rules:
1.Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. **CHECK**
2.Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. **CHECK**
3.Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. ***YOU’RE READING IT, AREN’T Cha?***
4.Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve. **Coming up!**
5.Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog. ***Ummmm…. eventually…. If they don’t find out here, first***
In the tradition Of the lovely Ms. Jenny Keller Ford, I am going to award this to blogs that I learn from. Here are five people with under 200 followers that I think deserve WAY more.
Robin Weeks (She has 204 followers, but I sat on this for a while. Are the Blog police gonna come get me? Oh, well. I’m such a rebel)
Everyone take a hop over to these blogs. They are really great, and definitely worth a “follow”.
- I Am Beloved “Liebster Blog Award (thepurplejacket.wordpress.com)
- Dearest Blogs (lornastearoomdelights.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (hiddenblossom.com)
- Liebster Blog Award for greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com (with revision) – -Thank you and nominees…. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award…”Sie sind ein Liebling!” (lindawillows.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (makebelieveboutique.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (misadventuresinlamosquitia.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (joeandjulieskitchen.wordpress.com)
- It’s Valentine’s Day…and I Got a Liebster Blog Award! (happilyeverafter71011.wordpress.com)
- My Liebster and Hug Awards go to… (ilovemandaue.wordpress.com)