I did something for the first time the other day. I procrastinated.
Now, I’m not talking about the laundry, or doing the dishes—I procrastinated about writing.
Editing to be more exact.
Believe it or not, I have NEVER procrastinated before when it had to do with writing. Never Ever. Writing was always my escape. What better way to get away from the world than with characters that I love.
So here I am, vacuuming, and actually shaving the dog (which I had been procrastinating over for three months.) Now, I’m not talking about a little procrastination. This dog was on the grooming table for a full two hours straight. (No, she does not look like the same dog anymore.)
And it was all because I didn’t want to edit. So, why is that?
I think it is because I have a list of things from the publisher to make sure that are not in my novel. I think it is because I need to dig in and perfect it. But wasn’t it perfect already?
Well yes, and no. There’s nothing like pasting your novel into a manuscript analyzer if you want to make yourself run and hide.
By now, yes, I have started editing. I am fixing and sculpting, and despite my initial hesitation, LAST WINTER RED is actually getting better.
Hmmmm. Maybe these publishers actually know what they are talking about
- Procrastination Queeen! (lisawifemom.wordpress.com)
- Procrastination (aloudhush.wordpress.com)
- Progress in Procrastination (unnecessarypoetry.wordpress.com)
- Mitigating Procrastination (cardseyeview.wordpress.com)
- Want to Stop Procrastinating? Just Forgive Yourself [Mind Hacks] (lifehacker.com)
- The Struggle with Procrastination [George Wallace] (ecademy.com)
- Overcoming Procrastination (councilblogs.wordpress.com)
- Formal Sweatpants Procrastination Comic (youarenotsosmart.com)