Note: I’ll be posting a follow-up on my cancer surgery tomorrow.
Well, I tried to get you guys to contribute what you were working on, but that only seemed to spark moderate interest.
I’m trying to think of a way we can flop around each other’s sites and help each other out.
What about posting up to 250 words of what we are working on, and hopping around and critiquing each other’s work? Maybe make it a rule that you will hop to whomever gives you a critique, and critique theirs? (Everyone would post on their own blog)
That way the more you critique, the more you get back in return. Anyone interested? This is something we can do weekly, even maybe post the same thing as you improve it. I know a lot of people don’t have beta readers, and this would be like gold to them.
I thought this would be a great way to get quick thoughts on our first pages. After all, it’s the most important page of your book, right?
And yes… that means if you give me a well-thought-out critique, I will do the same for you.
What do you think? Interested?
- Why Your Novel Needs a Manuscript Critique Before You Send It Out (wordscomeezine.wordpress.com)
- Online Critique Groups (authortlgray.wordpress.com)
- Great editing, supportive community at Scribophile (wehrismypen.wordpress.com)
- On critique partners (thescribblingpost.wordpress.com)
- I’m Going to be a Professional Whistler (gabrielletheauthoress.wordpress.com)