Here were my goals and stats for this week:
1: Decide on the beginning on my novel
Thanks everyone who took the poll. Results were 77% for Stuck in a closet, and 23% for fruit throwing. This actually made me feel good, because I was leaning toward “Stuck”. I am going to review all the comments now, and spruce up “stuck” a bit before I officially place it in the manuscript.
2: Finish my short story – First draft done. My first short story in over eight years. Yeah for me!
3: Do at least one, maybe two “Manuscript Rejection” lessons on my blog – Squeezed the second on in last night. Done
4: Begin editing 19,000 words from my novel- Glad my goal was just to “begin”. 150 pages are edited, and I am only down about 200 words. That’s a little scary because “stuck in a closet” is actually longer than the current beginning. Erghhhh.
This week’s goals:
1. Re-vamp “Stuck in a closet” and finally insert it into my manuscript.
2. Try to attend a “Getting published” seminar on Tuesday as long as it doesn’t snow again.
3. Host a session for my writer’s group on how to build a successful blog. (Still shaking my head that they asked me.)
4. Try to work out at least once (I think I might have to count Trick or Treating to get this done-That’s 1/2 mile of walking)
5. Cut 1,000 words out of my manuscript
6. Start a beta read that I have been sitting on (Sorry, J)
7. Do one regular blog, and two ROW Check-ins.
- ROW80 Check-In – On a Roll! (marcia-richards.com)
- ROW80 and Spooky Towns (thedailywoman.wordpress.com)