I giggled when I looked at my list of goals for this week. One of them I forgot about completely after going on a rampage of doing other things. I need to check back on my goals every few days at a bare minimum so I keep pushing myself to do some of those things I’m cringing over.
1. Two blog posts? Yea! I did three, and one of them really hit home for a lot of people. Glad everyone is out there MAKING THE BIG DECISION. Thanks for all the feedback here and on Twitter, guys!
2. Re-write the dream sequences to richen the character of Darkness. OMG! I like him so much better than I used to. I think I actually managed to create a “Love to hate” character. I think I also opened up a can of worms with him. Such a fun character. I was going to explore him more in book two. I’m so glad I decidied to personify him earlier. Great fun!
3. Start the beta read I’ve been sitting on for two weeks. DONE! Yea! I haven’t heard back from him yet. Hope he doesn’t hate me 😦
Re-write the scene where Matt gets his memory back… Ummmm… Forgot. Probably half on-purpose. This is big decision #2–right after Magellan’s age. Yeah, I gotta do it. I know, I know.
1. Rewrite that stinking Matt scene. Gosh, I just don’t know what to do with it. Don’t you hate it when you have a pivitol scene that just isn’t working?
2. Rewrite the Matt scene again
3. and again
4. and again.
5. When I’m not pulling my hair out over Matt, I’d like to make a dent in Jennifer Hubbard’s THE SECRET YEAR. Yes, very out of my genre, I know.
I’ve been hearing that you should spend time with novels outside your genre. This way I am doing this, and supporting one of the authors I recently met that was nice enough to give me some tips to push me in the right direction.