For the past week, I have been knee-deep in WRITEONCON.
Someone recommended it to me last year, but I passed. This year, I am so glad I didn’t let it slip by.
WriteonCon http://writeoncon.com/ is an on-line writer’s conference. You can post your query for critique, your first page, and your first five pages.
You get critiques on your entries for a week, polish them, and then for two days “ninja agents” comb through the queries.
For two days, WriteOnCon is jam-packed full of live events where you can pitch to agents, and ask agents and publishers questions. Not to mention great seminars.
Did you miss it? Don’t make the same mistake I did last year and pretend it never happened, and not even check it out. You can see the live tapes of the agent session (where they tell you what’s hot, what’s not, and what they do and don’t want to see) You can also view all of the sessions.
They are just as valuable after the fact as they were live, so I greatly suggest you check it out.
You won’t be disappointed.
And next year… join the chaos.
Oh, and a fine hello to the 52 new friends who joined my followers on day one. Nice to see you!
- Gearing Up For WriteOnCon (cbwentworth.wordpress.com)
- WriteOn Con Forum Attendees Challenge Writer (koridmiller.wordpress.com)
- #WriteOnCon Schedule (jennifermhartsock.wordpress.com)
- TheReadingRoom.com Partners With WriteOnCon & Sponsors Aspiring Writers Competition (prweb.com)
- WriteOnCon 2013 (whimsicallyours.com)
- WriteOnCon (paulinaczarnecki.wordpress.com)
- WriteOn Con Rocks! (koridmiller.wordpress.com)
- WriteonCon (spearlwrites.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Miss This Opportunity – NOW! (kathytemean.wordpress.com)
Cool idea. Thanks for sharing
What an amazing idea. Too bad I’m not a YA convert. I have, however, passed on this information to others who might join next year. Great information. Thanks, Jennifer.
Much of the information in the seminars is just as helpful no matter what your genre. You should take a peek
Yes, I did tour around and realized exactly what you mention. Thank you for the suggestion. It’s on my calendar for next year.
Didn’t do it this year as I have nothing ready. I did do it the past 2 years and you’re right…tons of stuff to learn and do and I met some awesome peeps. See you next year.
You will be published by this time next year – maybe if you finish one of your other manuscripts.