After last week’s fairly successful attempt after a 12 year hiatus from drawing, My son and I sat down for another round this week. He wanted to perfect his character from last week, so he continued with the first pose.
I moved on to a pose that was my nemesis when I drew realistic characters… the 3/4 face. BBbbrrrrrrr. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.
Not too shabby though. This style is really easy to draw in. (Okay, not completely easy, and my growling son would attest to… but certainly not hard if you have mastered how to make a pencil do what you command)
Anyway, here’s the 3/4 face pose (turned slightly to the side) Again, I’m pretty happy except for the stinking hair!
I will master you, Manga hair. Oh yes, I will!
- Amarelo Manga on focus! (sylphshouse.wordpress.com)
- Mastering manga with Mark Crilley (halfmythoughts.wordpress.com)
- There’s a Sailor Moon in my Coffee! Photos and Tips From a Japanese Manga Latte Artist (en.rocketnews24.com)
- Latte artist creates manga-inspired caffeinated drinks (tokyotimes.com)
- Read Naruto 632 Manga – Naruto 632 Juubi (narutoxluffy.wordpress.com)
- Naruto 632 Manga Sasuke (narutowind.wordpress.com)
- Three expressive accessories to give your manga character from the book Drawing: Manga Learn the Art of Manga Step by Step (craftside.typepad.com)