Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy (eBook)
This book is a serial killer mystery that takes place in a high school. To be honest, this book came close to a do-not-finish for me, because the beginning was very slow for me. A girl gets murdered, and then there is tons of day to day stuff that didn’t keep my interest. Somehow though, I trudged on, and I did end up eventually enjoying the book. I just wish I got there a little faster. Anyway, once this gets going it is a fun mystery. The only thing that bummed me about it, is I picked out the serial killer very early on, and I was 98% correct on the reason why. I was really, really hoping that there would be a twist at the end, and it would be a “ha! I fooled you moment” from the author, and the killer would end up being someone devilishly clever… but that was not meant to be. But anyway, I am sure there will be others who will be surprised. Like I said, once it gets going it is a pretty descent read. An awesome twist at the end would have put this in five star territory. I would still recommend this for anyone loving a good mystery. I really wish there were half stars, because this is better than three stars, but I’m not fangirling enough for four. I would definitely check out this author’s other works, though. The writing is readable and flows well.
- 132,527 Minds warped to date
Which little dot are YOU?
Unique Visitors Since June, 2012
- Excuse me, there’s something on your face. A review of An Ember in the Ashes
- Why in goodness name would you dump the rich guy that loves you to pieces? Exes – A review
- Free Ebook Friday Extravaganza! Find your new favorite author for free!
- You gotta admit, Navy SEALs Are Some Kind of Hero. (Yeah, it’s a book review)
- Free Ebook Friday. Three huge Free Book Promotions this week!