Well hello there!
Welcome to Sunday Snippets Critique Blog Hop
Need a quick critique, or two, or five? Sunday Snippets will run on… you guessed it… Sundays. 250 words (about one page) per critique.
The rules are simple:
- Add your name and Web Site Address to the comments below if you are not already on the list. (I will add you to the list to make it easier on everyone for copying and pasting)
- Post the first 250 words of your current WIP by 1:00 AM Eastern time Sunday (Please use the schedule feature – don’t stay up that late. Writers need their sleep!)
- Copy and paste the entire list of participants into the bottom of your post. This will make it easier on you and everyone else hopping. (Feel free to copy everything from the first squiggly line under the word “Enjoy” (below) and paste it in your blog post.)
- Please make the post easy to find or people may skip you. For instance, if I try to read your post on Thursday, and you have posted twice since Sunday, I need to be able to find the post quick and easy-like. Steal the button above and place it somewhere easy to find. When we click on the button, it should take us to your most recent critique post.
- Hop around and critique other people’s work. If someone critiques yours, do your best to take the time to critique theirs. It’s just plain polite.
- Use the Oreo Cookie method. Good-Bad-Good. You can say something nice about anything. There is no reason to be blatantly obnoxious (Note: I have critiqued things off-line for people in certain instances if I thought they needed extra help, and I didn’t want to hurt their feelings on their own site) Basically, treat others as you’d like to be treated.
- Invite others to join in. The more people doing this, the more critiques we will get. Coolness! If you want, post a link back to where your readers can sign up.
(After the first week we will open it up to any 250 words, or sometimes we’ll do queries, or blurbs, or other fun stuff. We’ll just see how it goes, and continue if we find it worthwhile.)
Remember to hop around to other sites. It’s no fun unless there’s “social” in the Social Networking.
The Sunday Snippets Critique Blog Hop is on!
Want to join up? Click here for the rules, and leave a comment to have your name added to the list. The more the merrier!
Click on over to these great writers to check out and critique what they’ve posted!
Note: Those who have not been participating have been removed to save on critiquer’s “click” time.