I’ve just jumped on board with Row 80. It’s a site set up to help you achieve your writing goals, and it takes into account that different writers have different amounts of time to deal with. They don’t TELL YOU that you have to write a novel in a month… which to me is just crazy. Not with grade-school kids, a husband, and a full-time job.
So, here’s the deal.
I am going to write a one-hour per day Monday through Friday. This week’s goal is to complete the dream sequences, and make sure the new scenes fit correctly into the novel.
I will spend 20 minutes per day Beta Reading or working on contest entries
I will spend 1 hour per night networking (blogging, etc)
I will nag my artist to start working on my artwork for my WEB Site.
1. Decide on which beginning to use for my novel– “Fruit throwing”, or “Stuck in the Closet”
2. Remove eleven extraneous POV’s from my novel
3. Cut 18,000 words (to get to 100,000 words for submission)
4. Do complete read-through for continuity
5. Send out for a final round of beta reads.
6. Complete Query
7. Complete Synopsis
8. Start Querying
Well, I might not get all my goals complete on time, but now at least I have a game plan!