It’s Six Sentence Sunday again. Today’s is gonna give you a giggle. I’m going to allow you to wallow in my ineptness.
If you haven’t heard, Six Sentence Sunday is a group of people who mostly post their own work, but I just shoot out six sentences of whatever takes my fancy. Sometimes what I’m writing, or sometimes what I’m reading. If you want to find out more, click here. Visit Six Sentence Sunday Site.
I’m still reading Oracle by JC Martin. I didn’t want to post another 6 sentences from the same work, so I was sitting here at my desk, and I saw a printed copy of my early novel HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT hanging out, feeling abandoned.
I thought it would be fun to open it up to a random page, and just pick six sentences.
Now… I wrote this well over a year ago, maybe even two years, as last year at this time I was editing it. I laughed when I read this passage. I am going to curtail my inner-editor and post it exactly as it is printed. Mistakes and all.
Yes, thank goodness, I have come incredibly far in a little over a year.
At his feet, an arbor bug struggled to scale a small mound of dirt.
Harris sighed as he watched it. Why doesn’t it just walk around it? After it fell back for the third time, Harris flattened the mound with his foot, and the small creature continued on its way. He closed his eyes and smiled, actually finding gratification in helping something so small. Would Daniel Hyelven have done that?
OMIGOSH! Can you stand how much tell is in those six sentences?
Did I really use the word “it” four times in the same line?
This is really embarrassing. I just couldn’t believe it, but I thought it would be worth a laugh.
I just love this story, and someday I will go back and fix it. After looking at this paragraph, I know it will be a huge undertaking.
Hope you got a good giggle!
- Recognizing Passive Voice (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Sexy Sentence Saturday…The Unidentified Redhead (bookishtemptations.com)
- Subject and Verb Agreement (davidnwalker.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday – Mya 3 (dbryantsimmons.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday – Mya 2 (dbryantsimmons.com)
- Writers on how they write: Orhan Pamuk (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday (lisavoisin.wordpress.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday – My 100th #SixSunday Celebration! (lisafoxromance.wordpress.com)