How you interact with others will have a HUGE impact on your careers
- Join your first writing group ASAP and join as many as you can
- Find other authors who might help you
- Go to Writers conferences – You can meet people who can help you. They might tell you where a conference is and you may meet someone there (agent publisher)
- Remember, you will get a lot of useless information
- But also remember, you will get some great information as well.
Note: The above are Jon Gibb’s main speaking points, with my rambling opinions attached.
Jon Gibbs is the author of one of my son’s favorite books: FUR-FACE, which was nominated for a Crystal Kite Award.
Jon is an Englishman transplanted to New Jersey, USA, where he is an ‘author in residence’ at Lakehurst Elementary School. Jon is the founding member of The New Jersey Author’s Network and FindAWritingGroup.com.
Jon blogs at jongibbs.livejournal.com