Hurricane, Huh? Isn’t hurricane season over? And I don’t live in Florida. Wait a minute the eye of the storm is heading where? Straight for me? Whaaaaaaaat?
Normally, I don’t even blink about hurricanes, unless I am in the Caribbean, since I always seem to vacation during hurricane season. But now what they are calling the mother of all storms is heading right at me. I’m kind of inland, but not far enough inland to be out of the danger zone.
The storm isn’t here yet and the schools are already closed. The power company, the gas company, and the insurance company have all called with directions about what to do. Yikes.
Luckily for me, I grew up on the Jersey shore, and know how to batten down the hatches. I know that just about anything can turn into a projectile. In a family group effort today, everything that could move in the backyard became safely stowed in our garage. Our Halloween decorations are all down, and piled up in out living room (The chances of them getting back up are slim)
So now, we sit and wait. It’s already raining. At this point, there’s really not anything more we can do but see what happens.
For everyone else in Sandy’s path… keep safe, and stay inside.
For everyone outside the danger zone, prayers or positive energy is always appreciated. Hopefully, this will all just blow over. (no pun intended) 🙂
Safe wishes to you.
- Hurricane Sandy in America, a ‘Frankenstorm’? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Hurricane Sandy updates (o.canada.com)
- Hurricane Sandy – The Frankenstorm Are You Ready? (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Still Holding Strong (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Hurricane Sandy breaks records for rainfall in NC (charlotte.news14.com)
- Hurricane Sandy, Note No. 1 (johnhaydeninmd.com)
- Hurricane Sandy Update (youviewedblog.wordpress.com)
- Insurers Prepare for Hurricane Sandy (insurancejournal.com)
- Amid dire forecast, Sandy a hurricane again – and moving north (suntimes.com)
- Maryland Getting Ready to Hunker Down for Hurricane Sandy (washington.cbslocal.com)