Cripes. A typo. Happens to everyone, right? But I just found one in the final edited version of “Connect the Dots” that I already signed off on weeks ago, and is due to release in eight days.
You know how I found it? It’s really dumb. I was calling up a random six sentences for Six Sentence Sunday. I used an internet based randomizer, and dernit if that thing didn’t land right on the typo!
I stared at it three times. No! That’s not possible! Am I looking at the wrong file? No? Oh, Crud!
I placed a panicked call to my publisher, who got back to me today with some valium a smile on her face and said they were able to catch it in time.
Darlene is my new favorite person in the whole wide world!
Have you ever had a close call like that?
- Typos and Grammar Woes: The Perils of Writing Things Down (mgirouxstories.wordpress.com)
- Why Are Ebooks Riddled With Typos? (forbes.com)
- Typo’s are my middle name (lauriemcdaniel.wordpress.com)
- Why is an ebook ever riddled with typos? (theverge.com)
- Don’t spoil a good story with bad editing (editorspen.wordpress.com)