Wow. Tomorrow is Release Day for the Make Believe Anthology. When I signed that contract, it seemed like the date would never get here, but here we are. **she bites her nails**
I figured, in honor of the release, I’d give you a Sunday Snippet from “Last Winter Red.” In this passage, our main character Emily is crying in the next room after finding out the man she was interested in is married. To rub salt in the wounds, she listens to this conversation through a closed door.
“George,” Lori’s voice stopped his steps. “She’s been here three times since the wedding, and you never mentioned we were married?”
“I guess it never came up.”
“Never came up?” A pause hung in the air. “It didn’t occur to you that she might have an ulterior motive to her visits? You’re the one who told me Reds are brainwashed into having unhealthy numbers of children. You should have known she was looking for a husband.”
George’s sigh permeated the wooded slats of the door. “I needed that medicine, Lori. She was the only one willing to bring it out here.”
“You used her?”
“Does it matter? She’s not bringing any more.”
Oh! Don’t you just want to smack him upside the head!!!!
Okay, your turn!
1. Check the number of pages in your current WIP.
2. Go to http://www.random.org/ (or any random number generator)
3. Get a random page
5. Post a hundred or so words starting at the first full sentence on the page either below in the comments, or on your blog and link it below.
Let’s have some fun!
I can’t wait it see what you’re working on!
- Sunday Snippets – A Catholic Carnival (lionessblog.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday: (WIP) Sidney’s Triple Shot (Part C) (lorikingbooks.wordpress.com)
- Unedited Snippet Six from Book Five (joleenenaylor.wordpress.com)