Here’s my update:
1. Blog Posts: Two regular blog posts completed (a Manuscript Red-line post, and a writer’s advice post from the Q&A session)
2. Reverse-Nano goal: My novel started at 119,479 words. Now I am down to 114,713
3. Inserted the new “Stuck in a Closet” beginning (Increased the word count Ugh.)
4. Completely re-wrote my ending (again) It’s much more intense now, but yikes do I need someone to read it to make sure I’m not nuts.
5. Finished a complete edit/read of the entire novel. Eliminated about 11 unnecessary Points of View.
1. Jury’s still out on cutting that scene with the King and Magellan.
2. I didn’t cut the Matton meets the mercenary scenes. This is about 2,500 words of the 4,500 I wanted to cut this week. I’m going too, though… as much as I don’t want to.
1. Do two blog posts on cutting Points of View (Gold Mine Manuscript tips)
2. Re-write one of the dream sequences to richen the character of Darkness slightly
3. Re-write the scene where Matt gets his memory back. This is one of those huge-decision-things. I will probably be reverting back to my original draft. The current idea seems to be confusing, and too information-intense. This will probably cut quite a few words, too.
3. At least start the beta read I’ve been sitting on. (I promise I will start it this week, J)