Okay, I have succumbed to peer pressure!
This week I moved on to the older character lesson. When I looked at all the “odd” lines that I’d have to add, I was sure I’d mess this up. When I was done, it didn’t look much like the sample drawing, but I was still pretty pleased with it.
I decided to “take the plunge” and go for the inking.
Before I did ANY erasing of my guide lines and sketch marks, I inked over them with the artist pens I picked up for Dude a few weeks ago. Then, when it was all “permanent”, I erased the pencil marks.
What jumped out at me was the eyes. I wish now that I’d taken a picture before the inking and after, because looking at it now, I don’t even believe that I drew this.
It blows me away the “finished” look that the ink gives the drawing.
It almost makes me want to try color. I said almost. Someday.
- Recent Color (billrussickart.com)
- Ink people (outlandish.co.nz)
- Dachshund Step by Step (dailydoodlechallenge.wordpress.com)
- Interview at Mesa Gráfica (docinks.wordpress.com)
- My Current Art Kit (concretemoomin.com)
- Let’ Know Manga : Japanese Comic Dos and Don’ts (kuonthejapanfreak.wordpress.com)