This week I decided to take on some movement, and there is a lot of perspective to have to worry about when a character is walking toward you.
I started with seven lines to help keep all those body parts in proportion, and followed the directions very closely.
This is tough because her Right arm (and leg) are in a perspective that makes them look smaller at this point.
And the swinging left arm (on the right side of the picture) seems so long and gangly, but it should be longer, because it is swinging toward me.
Now it looks kind of goofy, but I’m sure when I sit down with a fresh set of eyes next time, it will all come together.
I’m also a little nervous to tackle realistic hands as well.
Even at the height of my talents when I was younger, hands seemed to escape me.
Wish me luck! Hopefully I will have a finished product I won’t be too ashamed to post next week. 🙂
Interested in a slow stroll along the road of Manga?
I’m learning to draw Manga with my son.
Here are my posts on our progress so far.
Learning to Draw Manga #3 Front View Boy
- How to draw Sakura chibis in action from the book How to Draw Manga Chibis & Cute Critters (craftside.typepad.com)
- Some Words From the Immortal Chibi ^^ (yuithepriestess.wordpress.com)
- Googol by Laika (iamgoogol.wordpress.com)
- Manga Introduction: Naruto, by Masashi Kishimoto (mvlteenvoice.com)
- Anime and Manga Times – Intro (animepanda5500.wordpress.com)
- I’ll Give It My All… Tomorrow Book 5 (comicsworthreading.com)
- A chibi and some other stuff. (iareagoodgrammarperson.wordpress.com)
- Show and Tell: Little Chibi Girl (portiasunexpectedtreasures.wordpress.com)
- Teriyaki Western – Manga Thursday (alittlemaybe.wordpress.com)
- Manga Illustration (WIP) (landeroc.wordpress.com)