Yep… Gonna give ya a sneak peek at my latest little swarray (is that how you spell that?) into the world of Romance. I’m still writing the Explosion novel Fire In the Woods, but so I don’t get stagnant, I’m mixing things up with some shorts for those days when I just need a break from it.
This is from my current WIP “A Test of Faith”. It starts out with a line stated by our hero, Jack. He is driving, and Jill is in the passenger seat with her daughter Nicole in the rear.
“If I didn’t get drunk last night, I wouldn’t have woken up under your Christmas tree … I wouldn’t have had the guts to finally tell you how I feel.”
Nicole leaned up between our seats. “You woke up under our tree because God put you there, Uncle Jack. You were Mom’s Christmas present.”
His hand slipped back to my knee. “I’m not sure that I was her present. I think she was mine.”
Hmmm. Okay so that was more than six sentences. Sorry Counting Gods! I’m a writer, not a mathematician!
- #SixSunday with Designs of Desire – Oct 7th (tempesteoriley.wordpress.com)
- New Six Sentence Sunday Format (laniseb.wordpress.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday: A Taste of Faith’s Gift #sixsunday (bexbooknook.wordpress.com)
- Romancing the Regents….(madcaphat.wordpress.com)
- Six Sentence Sunday (October 2012) (rhyllbiest.com)
- These are my Confessions (cheratomo.wordpress.com)
- Christian Bookshelf Reviews: Tamara Leigh Interview and Book Giveaway (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Sappy Romance- A Poem (21serendipity.wordpress.com)
- Writing and Battery Usage (69shadesofsmut.wordpress.com)
- #SixSunday with Designs of Desire – Oct 14th (tempesteoriley.wordpress.com)