If you are looking for the Spooky Halloween blog hop, click HERE
Yay! I’m back doing five minute flash again. I think my brain was broken for a while.
Now… I’m not going to say this is rocket science or anything, but I did write it in five minutes.
Gregg waited for the lights to go out before slipping on his black gloves. With a deep breath, he pulled the dark hood out of his sack and slid the heavy fabric over his head. The smell of sour sauce tingled his nose, a memory of his dinner earlier in the day.
He slipped from behind the car, and checked the street. A cat chased a rabbit across the pavement, the pair disappearing beneath the neighbor’s fence. They were his only witnesses.
Gregg crouched down, and hung beside a gravestone, eyeing his goal: The impenetrable doorway at the top of the long stairs. He slid from the gravestone, to a witch’s cauldron, inching closer.
Through the haunted house he scampered, just in time as the lights blared on.
“Gregg,” a woman’s voice called.
“Gregg, where are you?”
He pulled the scabbard from his sack, and jumped from the depths of the haunted house, screaming with glee.
“Trick or Treat!”
Oh! Just for grins and giggles — Remember that Fluff article I wrote on Saturday? John Holton sent me this wonderful old commercial for Fluff. This is a little before my time, but it sure does make you hungry!
- Haunted Houses (cardseyeview.wordpress.com)
- Haunted House Offers Frights Without The Gore (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Scariest 7 Haunted Houses In Tampa Bay This Halloween (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Phillip and the Haunted House… (annehpetzer.wordpress.com)
- The Fear Experience Unleashes The Scariest Haunted Houses of 2012 – Located in Cleveland, Ohio (prweb.com)
- Nightmare on the Bayou named one of best haunted houses (bizjournals.com)
- Haunted Houses Back In St Louis To Kick Off Halloween Season (gadling.com)
- House like Disney’s Haunted Mansion for sale (ocregister.com)
- Scare-seekers flocking to haunted house near Dorchester (lfpress.com)
- Hey Tri-State: Where’s The SCARIEST Haunted House? YOU Decide My Fate! (923now.cbslocal.com)
I don’t think I want to be anywhere near Gregg!
Come on! It’s a plastic sword!
Are you sure about that? Or is the part of the horror movie where the victim thinks she’s safe, and then … Bam!
Funny you should mention this again. While I was scrounging the cupboard today, looking for something ‘healthy’ for lunch, I came across our version of FLUFF and realized that it is actually called ‘Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Cream’ by Kraft which uses the term ‘Jet Puffed for its brand of marshmallows. After our discussion about it the other day, I got a sudden craving and also reached for the graham crackers and the Nutella! So much for a healthy lunch! lol
BTW, your 5-minute fiction has me a little worried about the woman’s safety! 🙂
Ha on both counts. That graham cracker thing was gooooooloood!