[[[Cringe]]] I’ve been afraid to try a full body anything. Even when I was drawing regularly, bodies scared me. I was never able to get the proportions right.
I was happy that the learning to draw book started out with a nice, friendly Chibi.
Chibi is a form of Manga art that is meant to be whimsical. Large heads, and a body three heads high.
Here she is.
I’m not crazy about the legs, but this is nearly exactly what the example in the book looks like for the legs. Things always look better when someone ELSE had drawn them.
I like to look at it like this.
She looks better without her legs.
Next time [[shivers]] more realistic full body poses—with MOVEMENT. Yikes!
Interested in a slow stroll along the road of Manga?
I’m learning to draw Manga with my son.
Here are my posts on our progress so far.
Learning to Draw Manga #3 Front View Boy
- How to draw Sakura chibis in action from the book How to Draw Manga Chibis & Cute Critters (craftside.typepad.com)
- Some Words From the Immortal Chibi ^^ (yuithepriestess.wordpress.com)
- Googol by Laika (iamgoogol.wordpress.com)
- Manga Introduction: Naruto, by Masashi Kishimoto (mvlteenvoice.com)
- Anime and Manga Times – Intro (animepanda5500.wordpress.com)
- I’ll Give It My All… Tomorrow Book 5 (comicsworthreading.com)
- A chibi and some other stuff. (iareagoodgrammarperson.wordpress.com)
- Show and Tell: Little Chibi Girl (portiasunexpectedtreasures.wordpress.com)